DivorceCare: Offering a Safe Place to Heal
DivorceCare 4 Kids Leader Training
Saturday, June 22 | 8:30am–5:00pm | Room 766
We need leaders! Please consider becoming a part of this valuable ministry for kids age 5-12. Help children learn that God’s love strengthens them and helps them turn their sadness to hope and their anger to joy. For more info contact Mica Baker (email@example.com).
Summer Semester began May 6, 2013
Mondays, 6:30pm | North Entrance, Millbrook Campus
Childcare will be offered, and it is free!
Meals will not be offered during the summer session. You are welcome to bring your own dinner or a snack.
Monday, May 6 is registration night; the first class begins Monday, May 13. Each lesson is self-contained and you may join at any point.
DivorceCare is a biblically-based, Christ-centered, 13-week DVD-based ministry program. It offers a safe place to help people who are experiencing separation and divorce find help for the hurts, hope for the future and to experience God’s healing power. Issues such as facing your anger, loneliness, financial survival, kid care and forgiveness--to name just a few--will be addressed. Whether you've been separated only one day or divorced for 20+ years, this is a great place to start your healing.
You will hear from nationally recognized Christian experts in the field of divorce and recovery. You will receive a guidebook to be used while viewing the video presentations; and you will be connected to a small group for discussion time following the video.
Foundations Track "Graduate Course" - Foundations will resume August 5.
The Foundations track coincides with the DivorceCare schedule. We teach the video series based on the books listed below, in rotation throughout the year. If you have gone through a divorce and completed the 13-week DivorceCare Series, then this graduate-level course will help you take the next step toward better relationships in all parts of your life. Foundations is likened to the physical therapy portion of your healing, where DivorceCare is the emergency room approach. Requires prior approval. Contact Pastor George Karampelas at 919-981-0222.
- Changes That Heal: Offers a hands-on approach to working through problems of your past.
- Boundaries: Teaches how to set emotionally healthy boundaries in your relationships with other people.
- Hiding From Love: Helps you to explore the hiding patterns you've developed in dealing with your emotions and guides you towards the healing grace and truth that God has built into safe, connected relationships.
- Safe People: Learn the nineteen personal and interpersonal traits of a safe person. These will help you build healthy, long lasting relationships.
- How People Grow: Delve into the process of human growth and learn how real growth is always Christ-centered, Biblically-based and ultimately far more effective than all other methodologies and strategies that have been practiced in the past.