Chosen By Grace
Adoption and Foster Care Ministry
There are over 143 million orphans in the world today and over 400,000 children in foster care in the United States of which over 100,000 are adoptable. God holds a very special place in his heart for orphans and adoption.
As believers, God adopted each of us into his family...
- John 1:12 - But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
- Galatians 4:4-5 - But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law. God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children.
And God calls each of us to care for orphans...
- James 1:27 - Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
The mission of the Chosen by Grace ministry is to...
- Educate and Inform the church body about the need for orphan care.
- Support families through prayer, personal contact, and encouragement, and offer mentoring between families who have already adopted/fostered and those who are interested in or already in the process.
- Resource families with information to evaluate agencies, funding options and the home study process.
- Network with other churches, agencies and groups around the world to spread the message of adoption, foster care and global orphan care.