Awana - Wake Forest Campus
3 years old - 5th Grade
6:30 - 8:00pm | $40/semester
***Visit our Kids Welcome desk for on-site registration and payments.
Awana Clubs seek to reach kids for Christ through fun, Scripture-rich experiences that lead them to know, love and serve Him. Kids work at home in age-appropriate handbooks, then return to their clubs each Wednesday to earn awards and have fun, all within a positive incentive-based structure program.
At the Wake Forest-Rolesville campus, we have Awana clubs for preschoolers through 5th grade on Wednesday evenings 6:30 - 8:00pm, from September through May. Because of space limitations and a growing ministry, Awana is the only program for this age group being offered at this campus for 2018-19.
Cubbies is a program designed for 3-5 year old preschool children, in the two years prior to kindergarten. The 2-year curriculum is written in a fun, storybook style with read-aloud stories and lovable characters.
Sparks ignites the curiosity of Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade children to learn about the people and events of the Bible—building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ. Sparks is divided into three years, each with a unique rank: HangGlider, WingRunner, and SkyStormer.
T&T (Truth & Training) is a fun and engaging Bible study for 3rd-5th graders, teaching kids the truth of God's Word and trains them to follow Him and practice His grace.
Volunteer in Awana
Awana relies on volunteers. There are several volunteer roles from which to choose. Opportunities include:
- Small Group Leader - working alongside 5-7 clubbers using provided materials to help them with their understanding scripture, asisting with activities and praying over them
- Student Leaders - high schoolers who assist adult leaders with activities, and working individually with clubbers to help them understand verses
- Directors - organizing leaders in individual clubs, setting schedules, managing inventory, parent communication and filling in for leaders as needed
- Game Director - organizing 2-3 games for each club, feeding the excitement of Awana for the clubbers through fun
- Special Events volunteer - occasional needs such as helping with special theme nights
If you are able to assist with any of these Awana roles/projects please contact Paula Batton. Weekly volunteer roles receive a 50% enrollment discount for their children.
*Childcare is available for children 6 weeks through Pre-K, who are not participating in Awana. Childcare is free, safe and a fun environment where paid leaders sing, play games and do a brief lesson with the children.