Millbrook Campus Fire Restoration
UPDATE (Thursday, August 22 @ 9:25am):
Dear Church Family,
Great progress has been made this week on the restoration of our Millbrook Campus
building and most ministries are back up and running.
We appreciate your patience and hope there will only be a few more updates before we
are at full capacity. We ask for your continued prayers and encouragement. Let’s
remember to “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- Senior Pastor Andy George
What’s open and closed at the Millbrook Campus?
1. Student Ministry - Students will meet in the Great Room (9:15 & 11:00), starting this Sunday, until the restoration of the Student Center is complete.
2. Kid’s Ministry – Kids are back in their regular rooms and on the regular schedule. Abilities Enabled Ministry is closed.
3. The North entrance, hallways and classrooms are still closed. All Adult classes and meetings including Sunday Morning Connect and Wednesday Night Life will start back September 4.
4. Coffee – Yes! We will have coffee and some other drinks. Snacks will be back soon.
5. All Worship Services in the Worship Center and Chapel are open at the regular times and locations.
6. South, West and Chapel Entrances are open as well as the East Handicap Entrance.
7. Hispanic Worship Service will meet in the Starting Point Room (first room on the right at South Entrance) at 11am.
8. Boomers Sunday School Class - open at the regular time and location (Chapel at 11am)
9. Young Adults - open at the same time in The Gathering Place.
10. Church Offices - All offices continue to be open normal hours.
11. Missions Thrift Store – The Thrift Store and the North end of the building will remain closed until further notice.
12. The air quality in the building is being tested regularly and is deemed safe. However, there is still the smell of smoke and cleaning products. If you have breathing problems or you are sensitive to these things, we recommend that you join us at the Wake Forest Campus or online instead of in person this Sunday.
13. Interested in helping to clean up at the Millbrook Campus building? We still have a big task in front of us in the warehouse. We appreciate everyone's heart of service, but we want to make sure clean up is done safely. We also need to follow instructions from our insurance company as we work the claim with them as well as best practices from our restoration company. If you would like to be included on a volunteer list, please email our Facilities & Operations Manager Pat Kern and give him 1.) your best contact information and 2.) a general idea of days/hours that you may be available to volunteer.