Take Action & #loveyourzipcode!
Crossroads is responding to the needs in our communities. Here are a few significant ways you can help love your zipcode and provide for your neighbors:
1. Raleigh Dream Center – Since March 2020, Raleigh Dream Center (RDC) has served over 500,000 meals and expanded their reach from 6 communities to 28 communities. God has provided unprecedented opportunities to connect with new communities in need during these recent times. You can be a part of this work!
Food donations are the biggest need for Raleigh Dream Center. Help support them through neighborhood food drives, food donations and food distribution. RDC serves communities all across Raleigh and in Wake Forest. Not only does RDC focus on meeting physical needs with much needed groceries, they also use this as a tool to build relationships and share the Gospel.
To learn more about food donations, visit raleighdreamcenter.org.
2. Christian Library International Prison Alliance - Review Bible studies and reply to letters from prisoners!
As many prisons are on lockdown, prisoners are turning to God! Consider partnering with CLI Prison Alliance by donating Christian Literature/Bibles or replying to Bible studies and letters.
- Contact: 919-790-6987 (Ask for Cheryl or Jill). Email email@example.com.
- Donate Books: Monday - Friday, 11am-5pm; 4724 Hargrove Rd. Ste. 100, Raleigh, NC 27616-2802.
3. Green Chair Project – Serve as a small group, class, or individual by collecting bundles of new kitchen, bath, and dental hygiene items for families in need!
- Contact: Community Engagement Coordinator, Liz McLean
- Find instructions on what and how to collect for the essentials bundles by clicking the boxes below.
4. Knightdale Chamber of Commerce - Knightdale Residents: We need your help! As our local small businesses are preparing to re-open or trying to stay open, they have run into yet another road block: no cleaning supplies! We are calling out to our amazing community to donate any cleaning supplies you can so we can distribute them to area businesses in need. You may drop-off donations at the Knightdale Chamber of Commerce office, Tuesdays - Thursdays from 10am - 2pm.
5. Dream Coat Ministries Donation Drive - Dream Coat Ministries is providing weekly groceries for seven families in the Knightdale area that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Each family has between 2-6 school-aged children so extra food is needed in each home. They are collecting fruit, proteins, juices, cereals and healthy snacks. This is a weekly balance as they seek to provide according to each family's diets and likes. Toiletries are also helpful donations, as these are added expenses in the grocery budget.