IMPACT - Make a Faith Promise
IMPACT The Generosity Initiative
IMPACT- The Generostiy Initiative
A 3-year Plan: 2017-2020
For over 30 years, Crossroads Fellowship has been making an IMPACT for Christ. Our commitment is to transform the Triangle and the World while developing fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. How we have made an IMPACT has varied over the years, but right now there are 2 incredible ways we can continue to IMPACT the communities around us:
1. The Wake Forest (WF) Campus
In September 2010, we made an IMPACT in northern Wake County with the launch of the WF Campus held at Heritage High School. What began with a core team of 150, quickly grew to over 400 adults. In just a few short months, we added a second service.
While the WF Campus flourished in the rented high school space, we sought a more permanent location that would allow us to provide mid-week ministry. Because of Crossroads' principles of financial freedom, we did not want to incur a large mortgage debt that would hinder future ministry.
God granted our desires for a permanent WF Campus home in an unexpected way. A sister church, Bayleaf Baptist, approached us about buying the land and facility they owned in Wake Forest. After reaching a ten year lease-to-own agreement, we held our first services in our new church home in June 2013. Attendance nearly doubled immediately and continues to grow. We now minister to over 1,200 people each weekend.
To further make an IMPACT, we believe it is time to complete the purchase of the WF Campus. This will free up the money currently used for annual lease payments and allow us to use it for future ministry growth instead.
2. Reaching the Community and Next Generation
God has blessed us with two beautiful campuses. Each week, it is exciting to watch young adults who grew up in Crossroads' Kids and Student Ministries, now serving in various ministries at both campuses and on staff. We are committed to investing in the next generation. Enhancing the Kids Ministry areas at both campuses with bright, fun spaces to learn and play, will help children grow in Christ and continue to attract young families. Developing athletic fields and outdoor recreation spaces will IMPACT our community and the next generation through camaraderie and the fun of sports.
How Do We Do This?
We are boldly asking God to provide $5,000,000 over the next three years above and beyond normal tithes and offerings. $4,250,000 will be designated to complete the WF Campus purchase. Remaining funds will go toward expanding ministry opportunities, including improving Kids Ministry spaces at both campuses, developing activity fields at the Millbrook Campus and enhancing the WF Campus activity fields and outside ministry space.
Click HERE to give to IMPACT The Generosity Initiative.
Make a Faith Promise
IMPACT- Celebrate Progress
IMPACT - Celebrate Progress
You Can Make an IMPACT Right Now!
Thank you, Crossroads! Because of your generosity and faithfulness to IMPACT The Generosity Initiative, we are celebrating two recent significant areas of progress:
- Exciting Kids Ministry Area Updates Just walk through either campus and you can't help being blown away by the incredible new Kids Ministry spaces. Thanks to your generosity and volunteer efforts, we have fun spaces for our kids and their friends to reach the next generation for many years.
- Completed Purchase of the Wake Forest Campus We are now the overjoyed owners of the Wake Forest Campus! Since the lease payments were designed to increase signifcantly over the years, our elders prayerfully felt it was time to take out a loan to complete the purchase now. As we work to pay off the loan as quickly as possible, the money currently going to mortgage payments can be used for future ministry growth and IMPACT for Christ.
- Announced October 28, 2018 - Recreation and Activity Fields Plans Approved We are exctied to share that the City of Raleigh and Wake County have approved plans for the recreation and activity fields at both campuses! We anticipate receiving permits in the near future as construction begins. These fields will allow us to reach out to the community in a big way through sporting events, activities and other outdoor events.
We have received $1,365,000 in Faith Promises! If you have submitted your Faith Promise, thank you! If not, we hope you will pray and seek God's guidance on what He would have you give to IMPACT. When you are ready, you may Make a Faith Promise online using the this link: crossroads.org/faith-promise.
IMPACT- Frequently Asked Questions
IMPACT - Frequently Asked Questions
1. How will money given to IMPACT be used?
Over the next three years our goal is to raise $5,000,000 in gifts over and above our regular tithes and offerings. $4,250,000 of this amount will be used to complete the purchase of the WF Campus. Remaining funds will go toward improving Kids Ministry spaces at both campuses, developing activity fields at the Millbrook Campus and enhancing the WF Campus activity fields and outside ministry space. These improvements will provide new ways to impact the community and the next generation.
2. $5,000,000 seems like an ambitious goal. Is this the right time to launch a generosity initiative of this magnitude?
The 2017 General Operating budget has been significantly modified to reduce expenses, putting us in a position of financial strength as we move into 2017. As we conclude our year of transition and begin a new chapter in the life of Crossroads under the direction of Senior Pastor Andy George, the leadership feels it is the right time to begin to plan for growth and expansion of ministry. Completing our purchase of the WF Campus and developing athletic fields will allow us to do this. While $5,000,000 seems like a very big number, when it is broken down over three years and the 4,400 households that call Crossroads home, it becomes a lot smaller. If every household gave an extra $1.05/day or $32/month over and above their normal giving for the next 36 months, our goal would be easily attainable.
3. Since the WF campus lease is interest free, why do we want to complete the lease payment early?
We budget $320,000 each year for the lease payments. This amount will continue to increase each year until the lease is completed and we own the campus. By raising this money in advance through IMPACT, we will be able to complete the purchase of the WF campus early. We can then redirect that $320,000 to new ministry opportunities.
4. The current WF building already seems too small. Why are we moving ahead with the purchase of this campus instead of looking for a new location and building a new campus?
The current campus is strategically located in a strong growth sector of Wake County. The campus is easily accessible for many who find the Millbrook campus too far to drive. Although the 10:00am Sunday service is full, there is plenty of room to grow at both the 8:30am and 11:30am Sunday services. In addition, we have beautiful outdoor space that we are not yet fully utilizing. All of this would be impossible to replace at a price that would be affordable and would not lock the church into a higher mortgage for many years to come.
5. Will my Faith Promise or contribution be made public?
No. Your Faith Promise or contribution will not be made public. This is a sacred agreement between you and God. The final, collective amount of faith promises will be announced on Sunday, May 28, 2017.
6. How can I contribute to IMPACT?
As always you may give your gift in the offering on Sunday mornings. Please write IMPACT on the memo line of your check or place the gift in a special IMPACT envelope. You can give online or text your gift to 919.948.4242 by entering your gift amount and the word IMPACT. Faith Promise cards are available at the Welcome Centers. They can be mailed to the church office, placed in the offering basket or turned in at any Welcome Center. You may also submit an online Faith Promise.